Compliance Forum: Implementing the ACA: Evolving Requirements and Compliance Implications
2012 is a critical year for ACA implementation. The pending Supreme Court decision, upcoming elections, federal guidance and ongoing state initiatives may drastically alter the ACA landscape and health insurance business operations. Join AHIP’s Compliance Forum to hear critical insights from key federal and state leaders accountable for ACA regulations and implementation. A distinguished speaking faculty will address the status of the ACA litigation, controversial health reform initiatives, and emerging implementation projects that are already prompting more questions than answers. You won’t want to miss this timely and informative discourse on the ACA challenges that lie ahead.
Program Goals and Objectives:
- Gain a greater understanding of the various ACA regulations that will affect health insurance plans.
- Learn how to re-design your organization’s compliance plan to identify, prioritize, and address new risks and possible contingencies.
- Examine emerging techniques that support your ability to comply with ACA regulations.
- Receive practical advice to help tailor your business operations and minimize vulnerabilities, while strategically planning for corporate priorities and ongoing success.
- Health insurance professionals who are responsible for any aspect of compliance in their day-to-day career
- Leadership engaged in compliance, regulatory outreach and advocacy strategies
- Compliance and risk management professionals including officers and directors
- Health law attorneys and legal staff
- Government affairs staff
- Health care consultants
Gary E. Bacher, Of Counsel, Mintz Levin & Senior Vice President, ML Strategies
Brent Barnhart, Director, California Department of Managed Health Care
- Karen Bender, FCA, ASA, MAAA, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Oliver Wyman
- Robert G. Cosway, FSA, MAAA, EA, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Milliman
- Leanne Gassaway, Regional Vice President, State Advocacy, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Neal T. Gooch, Utah Insurance Commissioner
- Scott E. Harrington, PhD, Alan B. Miller Professor; Professor of Health Care Management and Insurance and Risk Management, University of Pennsylvania
- Karen Ignagni, President and Chief Executive Officer, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Joseph Miller, General Counsel, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Seth T. Perretta, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
Lou Savage, Oregon Insurance Commissioner
- Mark E. Schantz, Solicitor General of Iowa and Professor Emeritus, University of Iowa College of Law
- John E. Swallow, Utah Chief Deputy Attorney General
- Gretchen Young, Senior Vice President, Health Policy, The ERISA Industry Committee
- Marilyn Zigmund Luke, Senior Counsel and Compliance Officer, America’s Health Insurance Plans
The content presented at this conference is solely attributable to the speakers and does not represent an endorsement by America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) of the accuracy of the information presented at the conference or any opinion expressed by the speakers. As content continues to evolve up until a conference; the materials included in this website are subject to change.